Beauty Club Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (the ‘Terms’) apply to and govern the Pearsons Beauty Club Loyalty Programme promoted and operated by Pearsons (“Pearsons “, “we”, “us”, ‘our’).
2. All Programme applicants must be individuals aged 16 years or over and once approved we will activate your Pearsons Beauty Club and you will become a member (‘Member’). All Members must register their card with a valid postal and email address, when we will consider and may approve your application. Change of either postal address or email address must be notified to us. We may refuse an application for any good reason. Members will be able to update their personal details in store by contacting a sales advisor.
3. You can apply for an Pearsons Beauty Club card free of charge at Pearsons store. Your Card is issued by, and remains the property of, Pearsons of Enfield, 11- 14 The Town, Enfield, Middlesex EN2 6LJ Pearsons Beauty Club Cards must be destroyed or returned to us on request when no longer valid for use.
4. Members cannot add money to their card; it is a promotional loyalty card and not a cheque guarantee card, debit card or credit card. You cannot transfer your Card or any of the stored points on it to any other person. The Programme is only for personal, household and consumer use, points can only be earned, held, transferred or redeemed as set out in these Terms, or in the terms relating to any promotions and point offers related to the Programme, and may not be earned, held, transferred, redeemed, or otherwise traded in any other way.
5. We reserve the right to suspend or to terminate any Member’s Programme account, if in our sole discretion we consider that the Member has breached the Terms or if the Member has supplied false or misleading information, or if we consider that the Member has acted improperly or in an abusive, defamatory, criminal, or offensive way to any other Member or to our staff.
6. Members will accumulate points on their Pearsons Beauty Club Card when they make qualifying purchases. Each time that 500 points is earned a reward is granted, and the relevant 500 points will then be considered to have been used up and will be deducted from a Member’s Programme account. The reward will then only remain valid for 6 months from the date at which they were granted, after which time they will expire. Registered members will be notified of the expiry date upon issue of the Reward. Once Rewards have expired they may not be used to make Programme purchases. The value of the reward that is awarded for each 500 points will depend upon the Tier that the Member falls within. 7. The following terms shall apply to every Member’s accumulation and use of reward points:
7.1 Only one Pearsons Beauty Club Card may be used per transaction;
7.2 If a Member is given a refund or other financial adjustment on any transaction, the points awarded on the transaction will be adjusted accordingly; points can only be applied retrospectively where sufficient evidence of a purchase is provided up to a maximum of 7 days after the purchase was made and at Pearsons sole discretion, where points are awarded retrospectively they will be considered to be valid from the point at which they are applied (rather than the date of purchase);
7.3 You can check the points balance on your Pearsons Beauty Club Card by contacting a sales advisor in store;
7.4 The Pearsons Beauty Club Card cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or privilege card whether issued by us or by any third party; we may not credit your card with the points from any given transaction until up to 2 working days after the transaction; and, points have no cash value.
8. The following terms shall apply to the redemption of any rewards: Members can redeem rewards in store upon reaching the qualifying level; Rewards may only be used as full payment. If the product purchased is valued less than the equivalent amount of rewards then the remaining rewards and point balance will be forfeit. No cash equivalent to the value of the remaining reward will be issued. Only one Pearsons Beauty Club Card can be used per transaction when redeeming rewards; Purchases made with rewards may not be re-converted back into points; and, Any refund of items purchased using rewards will be made by crediting the applicable amount of points back onto the Pearsons Beauty Club Card; and, points may not be redeemed for cash under any circumstances.
9. The number of points earned from a purchase or required to qualify for a particular purchase may vary from time to time at our sole discretion.
10. Points will not be awarded when purchasing gift cards/vouchers. Rewards cannot be used to purchase gift cards/vouchers.
11. Pearsons employees, sub-contractors and /or their agents, may not participate in the Programme.
12. Members may only use their Pearsons Beauty Club Card in the UK.
13. We may terminate any Member’s Programme account should the account be inactive for a period of twenty-four months or more, determined by the last date any points and or rewards were accumulated or redeemed. Any points that were accredited to a Member’s Programme account will be lost if the Member’s Programme account is terminated or the Programme is closed. If an account is closed by a Member or us then the right to redeem points from that account is lost. A Member can terminate his or her Programme account at any time in store or by notifying us by email.
14. Members will receive regular email updates of their points and rewards balance. We will correct an account if it is shown to our reasonable satisfaction to be wrong but, unless there are clear records showing this, our decision is final.
15. Points are personal to an account and cannot be transferred or combined with another account to redeem a reward.
16. Members may also receive additional rewards (“Benefits”). Benefits will be provided subject to availability. Benefits may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and, when applicable such terms and conditions will be made available to Members from time to time in correspondence, and/or in store. Pearsons may amend the additional Benefits it offers Members at any time. The prevailing Benefits offered at any given date will be those which are stated on the Pearsons Beauty Club benefits’ section of the website.
17. Pearsons is not responsible for the loss of a Member’s Beauty Club Card, which must be kept securely by the Member. Members that lose their card will lose all of the points that had accumulated on their card unless they contact Pearsons promptly to notify them of their loss. Points may be transferred to a new card at Pearsons sole discretion.
19. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use of points. Any points not earned and held in accordance with these Terms will be invalid. Any such points will be deducted and other appropriate action may be taken by us. If Members lose their Pearsons Beauty Club Card or think that an unauthorised person has discovered their security code, password or account number, they should refer to the information on lost and stolen cards online and for advice on obtaining and registering a new card.
20. These Terms may change and Members will be deemed to have accepted the updated Terms when they go online, or when they use their Pearsons Beauty Club Card. As such we strongly encourage you to review these Terms from time to time.
21. We may suspend or terminate the Programme at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason. In such event Members will be notified and all accounts will be suspended or terminated. If Pearsons has a change of control or is sold or if we decide to sell or transfer the Programme to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to such other company or acquirer without any further consent and you now consent that we may disclose or transfer all information we hold about all Members including you to any prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure or transfer will not alter the rights of Members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company or acquirer until the Terms are changed by such company or acquirer in accordance with Section 20 above.
22. The limit of our liability under these Terms will be exclusively to a Member who suffers a direct loss as a result of our breach of these Terms and in those circumstances our sole liability will be to credit to the relevant Members Programme account such points as may have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. Nothing in these Terms shall operate to limit any liability we may have for death, personal injury or fraud and these Terms shall prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
23. These Terms and any dispute, claim or non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter.